In the last few decades, marketers have witnessed tremendous growth in the digital marketing industry. The statistics show that most top brands invest billions of dollars in this industry to get their products and services marketed effectively.
Digital marketing is not a set of old, obsolete tactics. It’s a constantly evolving discipline that requires marketers to change their approach as new technologies emerge and consumer behaviors shift.
After walking through this blog post, you will understand three important steps marketers must follow in 2022 to stay ahead of the marketing game and get better results from digital marketing campaigns.
Let’s get started with…
Step 1 : Learn
A good digital marketer can identify client goals and keep an open mind for new ideas. This makes it important for them to answer the following questions:
What are the company’s objectives?
One of the most primary marketing elements is understanding a company’s business objectives. This will help allocate budgets and resources that are most likely to achieve the goals set by the business.
The goal of a lead generation strategy is to generate more leads. If the business wants to close these leads, the campaign’s focus would be to drive them into a funnel and engage with customers. One approach you could do is through regular newsletters and personalized targeting.
1. Who is the target audience?
Marketers need to determine what personas they are targeting and their needs. This will allow them to create a message that resonates with the persona and decide which channels they should use to reach them.
2. What is the company’s value proposition?
While it is crucial to focus on the physical aspects, it is also important to consider how they make customers’ lives easier or better. For example, if you’re selling home decor showpieces, you should highlight how your products fit into special life moments and events with their elite quality and craft.
3. What do the company’s existing funnel and assets look like?
Before you implement a strategy, make sure you are clear on your funnel as it is now. What assets do you have available? For instance, does your company already have a strong social media presence but still struggle to generate leads from it? If so, the problem may be with your website messaging.
While it might seem basic, digital marketing is not so simple. Many businesses will rush the process of creating a digital strategy, and they’ll end up missing steps that are important to the success of their company. They might fail to demonstrate what makes them different from their competitors or rely on a blanket marketing plan, leading to lackluster results.
Step 2: Strategize
Once you have identified the overarching business objectives and your prospective customers, it is time to develop a long-term plan to build customer confidence in the product or service. To accomplish this:
- Develop your marketing goals. Your short-term and long-term goals should focus on quick wins — actions that will yield the greatest results in the short run with long-term growth.
- Determine which channels and methods you will use to generate leads. Use the customer personas and current state assessment to identify which paid and organic channels you want to focus on to drive traffic. Partnering with other companies is also a method used as a lead generation tool.
- You can continue to convert leads with a funnel that provides options for reaching out to them. For example, if it is a financial lender, you might want to capture phone numbers that allow loan officers to get in touch with leads about their requirements.
- Develop a content strategy that aligns with business goals at different funnel stages. This can be achieved by considering the channels, mediums, and content themes that best resonate with your target audience. By conducting keyword research and assigning buying intent ratings, you can create a content plan covering all parts of the funnel for the next three to six months.
Step 3: Execute and iterate.
When you have explained the marketing process to your clients and have built a long-term strategy, the last and final step is executing the plan step by step. Steps include:
Create a review and edit process to ensure each team member communicates clearly. Use this process to hold team members accountable for the quality of their content.
Team members may be assigned to different tasks, depending on the size of the company and the marketing team. For example, one member may do research and writing while another will ensure that the content is well optimized and SEO-friendly.
When working on a project, it is crucial to create a realistic timetable. This will help you manage your time and keep track of the tasks you must complete. You should also schedule time for each task needed for the project.
Digital marketing is a complicated subject to master, and there are many steps that all marketers must take to be successful. If you’re keen on learning more about these three steps, give us a call, and we would love to speak with you further.